Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Madison Marriott West
In accordance with Madison Marriott West guidelines, the hotel is abiding by whatever Dane County health mandates are in place at the time of the Student Seminar and Job Fair. At this time, attendees will be required to wear a mask except while eating or under other circumstances as detailed in the mandate. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
In accordance with the WBA’s Assistance Action Plan For EEO Compliance, your WBA will be holding a job/career fair in conjunction with our Student Seminar on Saturday, March 5, 2022 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Set up begins at 10 a.m.
One of the menu option initiatives under the FCC’s Outreach Prong 3 is “participation in at least four job fairs or career fairs by personnel who have substantial responsibility in the making of hiring decisions.” Full SEU participation in each job/career fair should earn the SEU a 1/4 credit. Accordingly, over a 2-year period of participating in these WBA sponsored job/career fairs, and SEU should earn a full credit.
Booth registration deadline is Feb. 18, 2022.
For job seekers:
- Dress like it’s your interview- business attire
- Bring plenty of resumes- we recommend 30 for the WBA Job Fair.
- Include a link to an online portfolio on your resume or bring samples of your work with you.
- Research participating stations you want to target for potential job openings.
- When you introduce yourself, offer a firm handshake and maintain eye contact.
- Come prepared with at least three questions.
- Have an idea of what your career path might look like and be prepared to discuss.
- Have what you need to take notes.
- Ask “What is the next step?” in pursuing job opportunities this is a great time to ask for their business card!
- Follow up with companies you are interested in working for with an e-mail or handwritten note- show initiative!
Registration is FREE!
Pre-Registration is NOT required.
- Webinar: How to Find 2022 Election Campaign Dollars in my Community Date: February 17, 2022
- Networking Event: Rethinking Your Show for the Digital Age Date: February 17, 2022
- Job Fair Registration Date: March 5, 2022
- Student Seminar and Job Fair Date: March 5, 2022
- Webinar: Content Beyond the Mic: Efficient and Effective Systems Date: April 21, 2022
- Awards Gala Date: May 7, 2022
- EEO Webinar: A Station for All: Engagement in Any Size Market Date: May 19, 2022
- Webinar: How to Stand Out Amid Media Competition and Digital Fragmentation Date: June 16, 2022
- Summer Conference Date: June 22, 2022
- Webinar: EAS Requirements and What Your Entire Staff Should Know About the Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) Date: July 21, 2022
- Webinar: Enhancing Local Coverage Just in Time for Election Season Date: August 18, 2022
- Broadcasters Clinic Date: October 11, 2022
- Webinar: Post-Election Impact on Broadcasters Date: November 17, 2022