Time: 1:30 - 3 p.m.
Location: Hilton Milwaukee City Center
In accordance with the WBA’s Assistance Action Plan For EEO Compliance, we will be holding a job/career fair in conjunction with our Summer Conference on Wednesday, June 20 from 1:30 – 3:15 p.m. Set up begins at 1 p.m. One of the menu option initiatives under the FCC’s Outreach Prong 3 is “participation in at least four job fairs or career fairs by personnel who have substantial responsibility in the making of hiring decisions.” Full SEU participation in each job/career fair should earn the SEU a 1/4 credit. Accordingly, over a 2-year period of participating in these WBA sponsored job/career fairs, and SEU should earn a full credit.
Booth registration deadline is May 31, 2018
- Register your booth at right or
- Download 2018 Summer Conference Job Fair Booth Request Form
For job seekers:
- Dress like it’s your interview- business attire
- Bring plenty of resumes- we recommend 30 for the WBA Job Fair.
- Include a link to an online portfolio on your resume or bring samples of your work with you.
- Research participating stations you want to target for potential job openings.
- When you introduce yourself, offer a firm handshake and maintain eye contact.
- Come prepared with at least three questions.
- Have an idea of what your career path might look like and be prepared to discuss.
- Have what you need to take notes.
- Ask “What is the next step?” in pursuing job opportunities this is a great time to ask for their business card!
- Follow up with companies you are interested in working for with an e-mail or handwritten note- show initiative!
Registration is FREE!
Pre-Registration is NOT required.
- Division, Denial & Journalism Ethics Date: April 27, 2018
- Awards Gala Date: May 5, 2018
- Webinar: Digital Ad Opportunities for Today’s Broadcast Seller Date: May 8, 2018
- Webinar: Being able to change your plan Date: May 17, 2018
- Webinar: Positioning Your Opportunities Date: June 13, 2018
- Job/Career Fair Registration Date: June 20, 2018
- Annual Golf Tournament Date: June 20, 2018
- Summer Conference and Engineering Day Date: June 20, 2018
- Webinar: Embracing Digital Sales Date: June 21, 2018
- Young Professionals Present: The Toolbox Date: June 22, 2018
- Webinar: Interviewing for Better Hiring Date: June 27, 2018
- Webinar: Compensation and Onboarding Date: July 11, 2018
- Broadcasters Clinic Date: October 16, 2018
- Winter Conference & State Legislative Day Date: January 30, 2019
- Student Seminar Date: March 2, 2019
- Walker Broadcast Management Institute Date: April 2, 2019