The 2016 U.S. Senate debate between Senator Ron Johnson and challenger Russ Feingold will be held at 7PM CDT on October 14, 2016 at the WLUK Fox 11 Studios in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The one-hour debate will be offered statewide to Wisconsin television/radio stations for live and/or delayed broadcast.
“The WBA Foundation (WBAF) is honored to continue our more than 25-year tradition of these important debates as part of the civic and political process,” said President & CEO Michelle Vetterkind.
For the first time, social media will be incorporated into the debate to allow input, although limited, from citizens of Wisconsin. Questions may be submitted to the Social Media Desk, which will serve as a “fifth panelist”.
The moderators and panelists were agreed to by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association member stations in the Green Bay/Appleton market. Member stations will follow the debate format developed by the WBAF as the mechanics of producing the debates is finalized.
The following are the details for the debate:
- Debate Coordinator: Juli Buehler, News Director at WLUK-TV, Green Bay.
- Market Debate Producer: Bill Kiefer, Assistant News Director at WLUK-TV.
- Moderator: Jill Geisler, longtime Wisconsin news professional, WBA Hall of Fame member, author, and Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity at Loyola University, Chicago.
- Green Bay/Appleton Market Panelists:
- Stacy Engebretson, WGBA-TV Green Bay
- Mike Kemmeter, WHBY Radio, Appleton
- Tom Milbourn, WLUK-TV Green Bay
- Kris Schuller, WFRV-TV, Green Bay
- Social Media Desk Manager, Mike Murad, WLUK.
WBA Foundation President & CEO Michelle Vetterkind will provide the opening and closing remarks for the debate.