Time: 10 a.m.
Broadcasters need a strong talent acquisition plan for success in hiring and meeting revenue goals today & tomorrow
- With unemployment at a low 4.1% many of you are having a challenge hiring for several positions such as sales, management, engineering and more.
- Newer generations of workers consider different aspects of employment vs. earlier generations when deciding to join or stay.
- Tenure of new hires will be shorter than we have seen in the past, causing more turnover creating a need for more frequent recruitment and hiring; in addition to the need of stronger engagement for longer retention of quality talent.
- The competition to hire quality talent is huge! Not only is it hard to hire, but any top talent will be contacted regularly by recruiters!
POSITIONING YOUR OPPORTUNITIES
- Better understanding of how to market to attract your ideal candidates
- Overcoming the perceptions that you are always looking and that broadcast is old school
- How culture fits in the equation
All participants will receive a handout for each session which includes sample recruitment ads, interview questions, an onboarding plan and more! All sessions will be presented by the experts at Media Staffing Network, who brings 25+ years of media recruitment experience to share.
- Walker Broadcast Management Institute Date: April 2, 2019
- Digital Checkup with Seth Resler Date: April 17, 2019
- Webinar: Updating Website TOS Agreements Date: April 18, 2019
- Awards Gala Date: May 4, 2019
- Webinar on Programming: You Are Doing It Wrong Date: May 16, 2019
- Summer Conference Date: June 12, 2019
- Webinar: Chief Operator Rules Date: July 18, 2019
- WBA’s Doug Chickering – WIAA Sports Workshop Date: July 24, 2019
- Webinar: What the future sales team looks like and how you can prepare? Date: September 19, 2019
- Broadcasters Clinic Date: October 15, 2019
- Webinar: Recruiting and Hiring Better Salespeople Date: October 17, 2019
- Winter Conference & State Legislative Day Date: January 29, 2020
- Student Seminar Date: March 7, 2020
This program is complete and an archive is available.