Time: 8 a.m.
Location: Madison Concourse
A SESSION ON PODCASTING AND A YOUNG PROFESSIONALS SESSION ON POLITICS AT THE STATE CAPITOL WILL TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY, JAN. 29. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
8 a.m. Registration Opens on Wednesday, Jan. 30- Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Job/Career Fair – Madison Ballroom
10:30 a.m – 10:45 a.m.: Briefing on FCC Review of Radio Ownership Rules – University Room
The FCC has issued the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in its next Quadrennial Review of the FCC’s ownership rules. Much of the focus in this review will be on the rules limiting the number of radio stations that can be owned in one market – rules that have been largely unchanged for more than 20 years despite major changes in the audio marketplace. This briefing will discuss what is being considered, and how you can make your voice heard in this review.
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: EEO Session with Godfrey and Kahn – University Room
Effective Strategies to Address Legal Issues and Prevent Unlawful Discrimination During the Employment Relationship
The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) processed 84,254 discrimination charges in 2017, and Wisconsin’s Equal Rights Division is also facing a staggering number of complaints with a significant backlog. Your job as a manager is to proactively prevent unlawful discrimination and to fully respond to any complaints alleging discrimination. But how? If you receive an internal complaint alleging unlawful harassment, what do you do? This session will provide an overview of best practices and strategies for dealing with employment issues that arise during the employment relationship, including employee discrimination and harassment complaints, requests for an accommodation of a religious practice or disability, and best practices for workplace investigations.
12 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.: Business Luncheon – Madison Ballroom
Remarks from Wisconsin Adjutant General Major General Donald Dunbar
Presentation of WBA Distinguished Service Award to Tommy Thompson
1:40 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.: Legislative Session/Briefing with WBA Legislative Committee – Madison Ballroom
3 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Legislative Calls – Wisconsin State Capitol
5 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Legislative Reception – Assembly Room
Please call The Madison Concourse Hotel at 1-800-356-8293 and mention that you are with the WBA. Hotel rates are $162 for Concourse Level and $199 for Governor's Club Level. Please note there is a $10 per night for overnight guest parking charge or $1.50 per hour ($17) per day for non-guests. The hotel address is 1 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53703
HOTEL DEADLINE: MONDAY, JAN. 14, 2019
- Madison Sessions: Podcasting and How the State Capitol Works Date: January 29, 2019
- Winter Conference & State Legislative Day Date: January 30, 2019
- Webinar: Dealing with Consumer Anxiety about Fake News Date: February 21, 2019
- Student Seminar Date: March 2, 2019
- Walker Broadcast Management Institute Date: April 2, 2019
- Webinar: Updating Website TOS Agreements Date: April 18, 2019
- Awards Gala Date: May 4, 2019
- Webinar on Programming: You Are Doing It Wrong Date: May 16, 2019
- Summer Conference Date: June 12, 2019
- Webinar: Chief Operator Rules Date: July 18, 2019
- Webinar: What the future sales team looks like and how you can prepare? Date: September 19, 2019
- Broadcasters Clinic Date: October 15, 2019
- Webinar: Recruiting and Hiring Better Salespeople Date: October 17, 2019