Location: Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, Madison
The Center for Journalism Ethics will host its 12th annual journalism ethics conference at the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery in Madison, Wisconsin. Titled “Journalism Ethics & the Crisis in Local News” the conference will be free and open to the public.
This conference will bring together news media professionals, non-profit news leaders, media innovators, academics, students and the public to address the current crisis in local journalism with special attention to media ethics.
Panelists will take on topics such as funding models, transparency, disinformation, digital media, truth and trust. And participants will leave with a better understanding of the factors driving the current crisis, as well as concrete ideas for strengthening and protecting local journalism.
- Webinar: Re-Building Trust Date: February 20, 2020
- Student Seminar Date: March 7, 2020
- Walker Broadcast Management Institute Date: April 14, 2020
- Webinar: Political Refresher Date: April 16, 2020
- Journalism Ethics and the Crisis in Local News Date: April 24, 2020
- Awards Gala Date: May 2, 2020
- Webinar: Working with Agencies More Effectively Date: May 21, 2020
- Webinar: 21st Century Leadership - How to Cultivate Leadership in Today’s Workplace Date: May 21, 2020
- Summer Conference Date: June 17, 2020
- Webinar: Trends in Local Sales of OTT Advertising Date: June 18, 2020
- Webinar: Digital and Social Media Legal Issues Date: July 16, 2020
- Webinar: It's Not Just Selling More Digital...It's Understanding How to Sell Against It Date: July 16, 2020
- Webinar: What it Takes to Walk Onto a Film Set Strong Date: August 20, 2020
- Webinar: How to Give Your National Superstars Home Court Advantage Date: September 17, 2020
- Broadcasters Clinic Date: October 13, 2020
- Webinar: Writing and Speaking for Broadcast Date: October 15, 2020
- Webinar: So…What Does the Election Mean? Date: November 19, 2020