The Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist is responsible for researching, writing, producing, editing sports segments, capturing visual content for multiple platforms, anchoring and/or reporting news casts.
Receives assignment or evaluates sports leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories. Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration. Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality sports stories for multiple media platforms.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce sports stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and demonstration of Sports industry
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws Requirements
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems. Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and multimedia.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
- Advance knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.