Assistant Director of Engineering WISN-TV has an opening for an Assistant Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles while reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations and the maintenance engineers, which include Master Control Operators, Control Room Operators, Maintenance Engineers and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station’s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Implement, document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Manage the building and its related systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical system.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications, computers, computer systems, and networking.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Must have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital broadcast transmitters
• Must have experience and ability to work with budgets. Maintaining and Planning.
• College Degree or related military training
• SBE certifications are preferred.