WISN-TV, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, is WISN-TV, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you’ll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials,generating support materials for the sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
• Entering and maintaining all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
• Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
• Maintain organized filing systems.
• Prepare proposals based on account executive requests.
• Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
• Interact and support co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous commercial television experience a plus.
• Military experience will be considered.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel; WideOrbit, and MediaLine a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects, and tight deadlines.
• Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and have extreme attention to detail.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
• Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field.
• Related military training and experience will be considered.