Up Wisconsin morning newscast and 11am show. We’re looking for a scientist and WSI expert who loves owning the weather story of the day and who can create memorable television and produce content for on-air, online and mobile platforms. The ideal candidate must also be ready to react to severe weather at a moment’s notice, with a proven track record of accurate forecasting. We’re looking for someone with a great personality, who loves to help the viewer prepare for their day! Like severe weather? We’ve got it. Like snowstorms? We’ve got them too. Wisconsin also has plenty of great weather to experience as well! You’ll be working with brand new top-of-the-line WSI MAX system! Meteorologists with at least 3 years of experience should apply & AMS or NWA seals are a big plus. Strong web and social media skills are highly preferred. WKOW is part of Quincy Media, Inc., a family owned company operating 20 television stations. Throughout Quincy, positions are available for candidates with all levels of experience and the advancement you are seeking. Visit www.CareersAtQuincy.com for links to all stations and opportunities. WKOW Television, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Read Job Details
The Meteorologist/MMJ forecasts weather conditions and produce and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. The Meteorologist/MMJ is also responsible for some news reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produces and presents weather reports for all our digital platforms.
• Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Entry-level position.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum three years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The Meteorologist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Meteorologist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Posted on: April 26, 2019
Read Job Details
Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a family-owned media company based in Chicago, Illinois. The company owns and operates national television networks, as well as local broadcast stations throughout the country. Weigel is the leader in the multicast television network space with “MeTV,” Memorable Entertainment Television, the number-one rated and distributed multicast network, as well as the “Movies!” Network in cooperation with the Fox Television Stations, the “DECADES” Network, the “H&I” Network and the “Start TV” Network in association with the CBS Television Stations. Weigel’s local stations include CBS, ABC, The CW, MyNet and Telemundo network affiliates. Weigel and its affiliate companies broadcast network and independent television stations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, St. Louis, Cedar City-St. George (Utah), Milwaukee, South Bend, and Rockford.
WDJT-TV CBS 58 for Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin News is searching for an experienced Weekend Meteorologist. Join our growing news team in a dynamic, inclusive, fast-paced newsroom where we bring our viewers the best in quality news, weather, entertainment, and sports! This role is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate forecasts and relatable weather stories for multiple media platforms in a challenging four season market. Must have proven success covering live weather events and breaking weather conditions and actively engage with viewers through social media and community events. We have a five-person Ready Weather team dedicated to covering weather across southeastern Wisconsin. Milwaukee has everything from severe weather, snowstorms, and a tricky Lake Michigan breeze to challenge your forecasting skills. The ideal candidate will have a degree in meteorology or atmospheric science and familiarity with WSI TruVu Max weather system with Max Sky and Max Storm. An AMS or CBM seal is preferred. We offer a competitive compensation package, employer contributed health and welfare benefits, paid time off, paid qualified FMLA Leave, and much more!
Weigel Broadcasting Co. maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for all applicants and employees. We give fair consideration to all qualified persons and afford all our employees opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex, or other protected categories. No opportunities for promotion, transfer or any other benefit of employment will be diminished through discriminatory practices. Employees or prospective employees have the right to notify an appropriate local, state or Federal agency if they believe they have been discriminated against.
Read Job Details