WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, is looking for an experienced Sports Producer to join our team. Come work in Titletown and cover the most storied franchise in the NFL, the Green Bay Packers. You will be working with the best sports team in the market. You’ll be primarily responsible for shooting sporting events in NE Wisconsin, editing video, as well as producing sportscasts, and prime-time specials, including NFL Draft and Training Camp shows, as well as Cover 2, our Sunday night show during Packers season. Familiarity with TVU, Dejero and ENG/SNG remotes is a plus.
-Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling local sports content for all platforms
-Covering breaking, event and enterprise stories daily.
-Shooting video, including sporting events, interviews and human interest stories.
-Producing daily sportscasts, and seasonal and weekly sports specials.
-Strategizing with news management and the sports director on promotable content.
-Must be able to shoot and edit content for on-air and online use
-Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
• At least 2 years working at a TV station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience digital content management systems, shooting video and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods