WEAU 13 News, a Gray Television station located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, has an opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our team of integrated marketing/advertising professionals. At WEAU, we help businesses “find and keep their very best customers” through the use of effective marketing and advertising. If you have media sales experience and see yourself as a high-energy creative individual that likes working with people, this could be your opportunity to work better hours and make more money at the market leader in broadcast and digital marketing.
The ideal candidate will be smart, as well as a good communicator, and know how to use creativity to solve problems, develop ad campaigns, and motivate others. You’ll be given a list of current clients, but your real job will be to develop new business to grow and maintain a full customer portfolio. We offer a paid training salary, medical/dental, 401(k), vacation, retirement, and other benefits. Our commission structure will allow you to grow without limits.
And at WEAU… we like to have fun! We believe that BIG IDEAS = BIG RESULTS and we develop advertising that really works.
• 1-3 years media sales experience preferred
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
• Ability to use creativity to solve problems
• Ability to develop campaigns and motivate others
• A real desire to understand your clients and their businesses
• A thirst for ongoing learning: advertising, marketing, television, digital
• Experience selling digital products/strategies including audience targeting, social media, PPC, SEO
• Excellent knowledge of presentation software, MS Office products including Excel, and CRM software
• Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver’s license
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by October 31, 2019. Please include a resume, cover letter, and any additional supporting materials. No phone calls.
WEAU 13 News (Gray Television) is a drug-free workplace. Gray Television participates in E-Verify. WEAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Read Job Details
E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Account Executive to join our Sales team. The successful candidate will be a broadcast experienced aggressive, break-out salesperson to manage an important list of accounts and develop new and online business for the station.
The Account Executive works under the direction of the Local Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with our key accounts. Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth and retention in our full product portfolio. Professional with superior people skills, great attitude and work ethic. Is excited about the opportunity for developing relationships and acting as a strategic business partner for our customers.
- Increase market share from established account base with a focus on business development.
- Develop high value advertiser relationships and maintain a high level of advertiser satisfaction and results.
- Consult as a strategic business partner with customers offering a variety of advertising, marketing and audience sales solutions.
- Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company performance.
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience solutions.
- Leverages product knowledge and business acuity to create effective solutions for key/large customers.
- Negotiate large deals and contracts across the full offering of products.
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales presentations.
- Anticipate and address problems outside the normal scope of the job and offer solutions.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales presentations.
- Close business in the full product portfolio meeting or exceeding individual and or team goals.
- Monitor competitive media, trends across markets or client industries and identifies opportunities to increase market share.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenues achievement.
- Create reports on territory performance and strategic acquisition initiatives.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and sales experience generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients or comparable combination of education.
Skills and Abilities
Posted on: October 9, 2019
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business and increase market share.
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Must have a diligent work ethic and be dependable.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales solutions.
- Must be able to use systematic thinking, the ability to persuade and exhibit effective closing skills.
- Present ability to negotiate large deals and close contracts.
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other software programs such as customer relations software.
Read Job Details
The Integrated Account Executive is responsible for selling commercial airtime to new and existing accounts.
Sell commercial air time to direct businesses and advertising agencies
Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the market using the Scripps Sales Process
Prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing qualitative and quantitative research
Negotiate advertising rates and program ratings
Perform client services, including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
Effectively manage a sales funnel within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), achieving appointment setting and presentation key performance indicators
Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals
Perform other duties as needed or as directed by sales management
Skills & Abilities
Ability to prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics
Prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies
Assembly, delivery and interpretation of monthly customer reports and campaign optimization
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong time management and organizational skills
Excellent knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of consumer behavior across multiple media channels
Proven ability to build strong client relationships, including entertaining potential and existing clients
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Read Job Details
This position will assist and gain a working knowledge of the various departments within the sales department.
PHASE 1: In the first month of the program, the associate will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• National Sales: Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions, make goods, preemptions, discrepancies and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing: Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Nielsen ratings/products; learn use of ABC network systems.
• Traffic: Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• New Media: Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
PHASE II: In the remaining months of the program, the associate will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in their role as a sales professional.
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities.
• Coordinate production efforts for new clients.
• Execute post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital).
• Utilize research to position the station as premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by Sales Management Team.
Education & Experience
• College degree from an accredited College or University with a degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Self-motivated creative and possess strong people skills
• Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Work within a team framework
Posted on: October 8, 2019
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK Fox 11 is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing Consultant who will meet or exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising.
In this position, you will:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted campaigns
• Research and build campaign solutions, including overall branding and creative and ensure campaign execution meets client expectation
• Establish trusting relationships with clients, community and Sinclair and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
• Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are expanding, relocating, hiring
• Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
• Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
• Support quality deliverables to drive client results
• Support collection of receivables
• Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
• Develop capabilities to produce creative and effective campaigns
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
• Driven by practical results, opportunities to learn, and opportunities to assist others with intention
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
• Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives, and social media is required
• Media sales experience is preferred
• An excellent understanding of TV and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport, and relate well to all kinds of people
• Professional appearance is a must
• Reliable transportation, valid drivers license and a good driving record
Our Marketing Consultants are some of the highest commissioned sales people in the industry. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Posted on: October 4, 2019
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Madison Accounting and Advertising Service Operations Hub has a great opportunity for you!
We have an open position in our Advertising Support Operations department for Broadcast Traffic Inventory Specialist! Are you a detail oriented, quick learner who would like to have a vital role in the planning and preparation of each television broadcast day? Do you have an eye for detail, enjoy puzzles and can you change gears on the fly? Can you juggle tasks like a pro and do you enjoy building relationships on the phone? Do you take pride in finishing a tough challenge on a tight deadline? If so, this may be the job you’ve been searching for!
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing commercial advertisement inventory through a combination of log editing, spot placement and preempting, communicating inventory oversell and availability, as well as working closely with Sales Managers daily to maximize inventory and revenue potential.
· Verify commercial logs for accurate programming information, commercial content, product separation, advertiser separation, and extensive editing for on-air broadcast
· Effectively manage all commercial advertising material to maximize inventory and revenue potential
· Provide assistance as needed for all processes related to programming, generating sales reports, and working advanced inventory within established time parameters
· Communicate inventory availability or programming conflicts to stations daily
· Effectively work with other team members and managers in a professional manner
· Other duties as assigned.
· You must be computer literate, detail-oriented, dedicated and dependable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is essential
· Excellent communication and organizational skills are also a must
· Broadcast TV or radio experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate
Posted on: September 25, 2019
Read Job Details
WKOW-TV is seeking an organized, enthusiastic person to join our sales team! WKOW has an immediate opening for a motivated Local Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will assist our Local Account Executives throughout the sales process by maintaining client contracts, entering client orders, preparing sales and marketing presentations, communicating with advertising agencies and providing other necessary sales support for the team. This is a fast-paced, high performance sales environment.
You must have strong attention to detail, great organizational skills, and be comfortable working with numbers. Computer experience including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are essential. WKOW is part of Quincy Media, Inc., a family owned company with 18 stations (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW) in seven states. Visit www.CareersAtQuincy.com for links to all stations and opportunities.
Read Job Details
POSITION: WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee (Tribune Media) is Milwaukee’s local FOX affiliate TV station and trusted local source for news, entertainment and sports programming. FOX 6 prides itself on its hyper local emphasis and differentiates themselves by offering 61.5 hours of local news and local programming – more than any other station in the market. Having a strong community emphasis is very important to us, you can see this in our tagline “Because You Matter”. FOX 6 has an extensive portfolio of advertising solutions on WITI FOX 6, EITI TV6.2, FOX6NOW.com – plus full digital solutions including the ability to sell The Weather Channel, FOX Sports GO and endless sports packages. Join a team who loves to win and have fun while doing it!
RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking an experienced and energetic media sales person with the primary responsibility of growing advertising revenue with existing accounts and through new business development. You’ll be armed with a full suite of integrated advertising solutions and a supportive staff to help you along the way. You’ll build relationships with customers and prospects by showcasing your amazing customer service, and have fun while doing it by entertaining clients and pursuing new business.
• We have lots of exciting programs and sponsorship opportunities to sell to the right local businesses! Something for everyone — community-focused, special programming, Packers, Badgers and Brewers programs, World Cup sponsorships, Weather sponsorships, and much more. It’s your job to listen, prepare, present & close business with consultative approach.
• Identify and present integrated marketing solutions to variety of local businesses in a variety of fields – retailers, healthcare, grocers, automotive, home improvement, financial, entertainment, home services, legal and more.
• Prospect for new accounts – make cold/warm calls to secure needs analysis meetings and peak businesses interest with all the exciting programs and products we have to offer
• Research accounts and the marketplace on a consistent basis.
• Work with variety of internal departments — Creative Services on commercial production, Traffic department on advertising copy traffic, Finance department on invoicing, discrepancies and collection issues and sales support personnel who will assist with the fulfillment of your TV and digital campaigns.
• Account Executive in Sales Department. Direct report is to Local Sales Manager. Would also work with other management; National/Regional Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager.
• Strong motivation to have long term career success in broadcast & digital sales.
• Personable with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Have basic understanding of digital products – display, mobile, email, video, search, native, contesting, social.
• Strong desire to work in the field making client needs analysis and sales presentation calls.
• Detail oriented with a strong work ethic and excellent follow through.
• Understanding of core marketing principles.
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Successful completion of a background check is required.
• Four year college degree and sales experience preferred
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com. Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Posted on: September 18, 2019
Read Job Details
WFRV-TV is looking for an outgoing Account Executive to join our team. WFRV is home to #1 rated CBS Primetime television shows, the best year-round sports, and top quality locally produced programming. Plus WeAreGreenBay.com and the most technologically advanced digital marketing solutions, second to none! The Account Executive is a marketing and sales professional who works within established department guidelines to increase volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new business for both TV and Digital, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with the local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, competitive atmosphere, and have urgency to respond to project opportunities and special programming as it becomes available. Candidates should also have strong computer skills with the ability to work in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Strata is a plus. Our Account Executives work with clients extensively throughout the Green Bay and Fox Valley regions. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is a must.
Read Job Details