As a Sales Account Associate, you will work with the sales team on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales teams, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This individual will work closely with the advertising sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. The Entry Level – Sales Associate position is a training sales program that will develop Sales Account Associates into Sales Account Executives.
- Assist the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations.
- Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department.
- Prepare proposals based on account executive requests.
- Effectively communicate with internal teams (including: sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
- Entering and maintaining all orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
- Maintain and organize sales databases.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person.
Training and Development:
- Comprehensive 10-12-month training, with ongoing career development and opportunities through the Hearst Sales Development Program.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques.
- Train with top sales producers.
- Learn software skills on MediaLine and WideOrbit.
- After the Hearst Sales Development Program, you will be eligible for an increase in responsibilities and a new job title.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects, and tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent social, intrapersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- College degree OR relevant experience in sales, customer service, business administration, or related field. Military training will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Extensive Training Program
- Health and Welfare Programs Including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement and Income Protection Programs Including a 401k plan
- Work/Life Programs Including Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Apply to learn more about the great benefits Hearst has to offer!
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Read Job Details
Weigel Broadcasting Milwaukee is looking for a Sales Manager to drive revenue for multiple fast-growing channels including CBS58, Telemundo WI, MeTV, WMLW as well as innovative digital properties. The Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of new and experienced account executives who specialize in developing and maintaining business for our station group.
Qualified candidates must be a proactive, driven sales manager with a proven track record of generating new business while successfully developing, mentoring and managing a team of sellers. Must have a proven record of growth and goal achievement, experience with national, local direct and agency clients and a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales with mastery of Microsoft Office, Wide Orbit, and Nielsen is imperative for success.
We offer a competitive compensation package, employer contributed health and welfare benefits, paid time off, paid qualified FMLA Leave, and much more!
Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a family-owned media company based in Chicago, Illinois. The company owns and operates national television networks, as well as local broadcast stations throughout the country. Weigel is the leader in the multicast television network space with “MeTV,” Memorable Entertainment Television, the number-one rated and distributed multicast network, as well as the “Movies!” Network in cooperation with the Fox Television Stations, the “DECADES” Network, the “H&I” Network and the “Start TV” Network in association with the CBS Television Stations. Weigel’s local stations include CBS, ABC, The CW, MyNet and Telemundo network affiliates. Weigel and its affiliate companies broadcast network and independent television stations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, St. Louis, Cedar City-St. George (Utah), Milwaukee, South Bend and Rockford.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for all applicants and employees. We give fair consideration to all qualified persons and afford all our employees opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex, or other protected categories. No opportunities for promotion, transfer or any other benefit of employment will be diminished through discriminatory practices. Employees or prospective employees have the right to notify an appropriate local, state or Federal agency if they believe they have been discriminated against.
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK/WCWF has a great opportunity for you! We have an open position in our Advertising Support Operations department for an Inventory Specialist. The Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing commercial advertisement inventory through a variation of log editing and preempting, communicating inventory oversell and availability, as well as working closely with Sales Managers daily to maximize inventory and revenue potential.
• Verify commercial logs for accurate programming information, commercial content, product separation, advertiser separation, and extensive editing for on-air broadcast
• Lead and effectively manage all advertising material to maximize inventory and revenue potential
• Provide assistance as needed for all processes related to programming, generating sales reports, and working advanced inventory within established time parameters
• Communicate inventory availability or programming conflicts to stations daily
• Effectively work with other team members and managers in a professional manner
• Other duties as assigned
Posted on: March 9, 2017
• You must be computer literate, detail-oriented, dedicated, and dependable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is essential
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must
• Broadcast TV or radio experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate
Read Job Details