WISN-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI has an immediate opportunity for a General Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have all the requisite sales and management aptitude including WISN-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI has an immediate opportunity for a General Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have all the requisite sales and management aptitude including strong leadership skills.
* Directs Sales Department strategy, pricing, and personnel for all platforms
* Coordinates the activities of the local Sales Department to create packages and proposals for new clients
* Motivates local sales to reach departmental goals
* Oversees and directs the effort of the national rep with the National Sales Manager
* Oversees and sets the strategy for the digital effort with the Digital Sales Manager
* Responsible for pricing of inventory, packaging, and sales ideas including all sports and specials
* Ensures compliance with all federal rules regulating advertising, political and otherwise
* Insures the proper use of sales support resources
* Coordinates and leads third party digital and new business initiatives
* Develops and maintains close relationships with clients and agencies
* This description is not necessarily inclusive of all duties and activities required of the position
* Candidates must have previous sales/sales management experience in the television industry or comparable.
* Valid Driver’s License.
* Motor Vehicle Record check required.
Posted on: April 2, 2018
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK/WCWF has a great opportunity for you! We have an open position in our Advertising Support Operations department for an Inventory Specialist. The Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing commercial advertisement inventory through a variation of log editing and preempting, communicating inventory oversell and availability, as well as working closely with Sales Managers daily to maximize inventory and revenue potential.
• Verify commercial logs for accurate programming information, commercial content, product separation, advertiser separation, and extensive editing for on-air broadcast
• Lead and effectively manage all advertising material to maximize inventory and revenue potential
• Provide assistance as needed for all processes related to programming, generating sales reports, and working advanced inventory within established time parameters
• Communicate inventory availability or programming conflicts to stations daily
• Effectively work with other team members and managers in a professional manner
• Other duties as assigned
Posted on: March 9, 2017
• You must be computer literate, detail-oriented, dedicated, and dependable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is essential
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must
• Broadcast TV or radio experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate
Read Job Details