Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) seeks a videographer to skillfully and successfully operate broadcast quality video cameras, and edit video and audio on non-linear editing systems for WPT broadcast, digital and non-broadcast productions. The successful candidate will work collaboratively as well as independently utilizing excellent creative, organizational and communication skills, and must have experience recording effective field video and audio that meets proper broadcast technical specifications in a variety of settings.
Posted on: August 9, 2019
Read Job Details
WTMJ, the NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI is looking for a top-notch producer. If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Works closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
- Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Execute time sensitive decisions
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
- Proven ability to develop enterprise and differentiated content and elements for newscasts and station digital/social media platforms
- Perform desktop editing
- Posting content to station’s Web sites
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, related field or years of experience
- 2 – 3 years as a television writer or producer
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must be proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus
- Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a face paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Understand and utilize Web analytics
Posted on: August 6, 2019
- Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
Read Job Details
WFRV-TV Local 5 has an opening for a part-time Production Assistant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate studio & remote cameras, floor direct and run teleprompter during live broadcasts and other programming.
• Set up and maintain studio for broadcasts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Entry level position.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Experience with other broadcast-related equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Includes weekend work.
WFRV and WJMN Television Stations and Nexstar Broadcasting are an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on: August 1, 2019
Read Job Details
The Director II works in all areas of television production and is responsible for technical directing fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
Oversees the set up and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting. Constructs and dismantles set.
Ensures smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
Troubleshoots technical problems during production or broadcast.
Directs assigned newscasts, which include “switching” newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts and checking all sources prior to air.
Monitors the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
Works closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained with a minimal amount of errors.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a director/technical director.
- Working knowledge of television station production equipment.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling.
- Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production……..lighting, character generators, and news automation.
- Must be a team player.
- Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
Posted on: May 17, 2019
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Read Job Details
WLUK-TV FOX 11 Green Bay has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. Good Day Wisconsin is the #1 morning newscast in Northeast Wisconsin. We are searching for someone who thrives on creative journalism. The combination of hard news and morning information will allow your creativity to shine. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our morning newscasts and digital content. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer and the Assistant News Director on the newscast block and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Posted on: June 3, 2016
Read Job Details