WISN-TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• 2 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
Posted on: August 15, 2019
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
Read Job Details
Stop watching TV and start creating it. WKBT News 8 is looking for a full time Newscast Director. There’s no such thing as a boring day when you’re working in a fast paced, high tech TV control room environment. We need a strong team leader with excellent communication skills who can deal with daily deadlines and has experience hiring, training and supervising staff. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Premier and After Effects a must. Avid i-NEWS experience preferred. Directors work specific newscast schedules but hours may vary. We are a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community. We offer excellent medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability benefits, EAP, 401(k), paid time-off and much more.
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK-TV, in Green Bay, WI, is looking for an experienced reporter for our weekend morning show. You must be an excellent story teller! If you are a morning person with a great personality and strong storytelling skills then this is a great opportunity for you! We want someone who has the energy and creativity to do compelling live shots. This person will general assignment report three days during the week.
· Must be creative
· Excellent writing skills
· Be a strong communicator
· Great live skills
· Possess solid news judgement
· The ability to go from light news to breaking news at any given time
· A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
· 1-2 years of field experience is preferred
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Read Job Details
WJFW wants to find the next news reporter to join our hardworking, energetic team. We hire people who show great potential and help them grow quickly while they work with us. Our reporters come up with their own story ideas and report, shoot, write, edit, and present their stories on-air. The successful applicant will demonstrate the potential to do all of those things well. We look for people who can go on the air and be conversational, appealing, and professional. Live reporting from the field and on-set are necessary everyday parts of this position. Fill-in anchoring skills will be important. Applicants should have a four-year college degree focused around journalism or communications, but other majors/minors will be considered. Online and social media reporting skills are required for this position. You must have a valid driver’s license.
Read Job Details
The morning traffic anchor is responsible for delivering traffic and transportation information to viewers on Daybreak newscast; this person will then help prepare news reports and anchor the noon newscast.
- Gather knowledge of Milwaukee streets, traffic and transportation systems for morning reports.
- Learn and/or utilize Max Traffic system and have ability to showcase traffic using all tools available, including chroma key, graphics, etc.
- Anchor the mid-day newscast, Monday through Friday
- Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the Internet
- Report live on location from various news events as needed
- Research and develop news stories
- Enterprise content and contribute to station’s content strategy
- Contribute to station’s social media strategies and utilize social media to best advantage to share information with community
- Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
- Perform other duties and be scheduled as needed and assigned
Education & Experience
Posted on: August 8, 2019
- Bachelors degree in broadcast, journalism or other related field preferred
- Knowledge of Max Traffic or previous traffic anchoring experience preferred but not required.
- MMJ skills preferred but not required
Read Job Details
WJFW wants to find a multimedia journalist to produce and anchor evening newscasts Monday-Friday. We hire people who show great potential and help them grow quickly while they work with us. If you believe you want to become a news anchor, this is one of the few newsrooms where you can start that process immediately. Our reporters come up with their own ideas and report, shoot, write, edit, and present their stories on-air. The successful applicant will demonstrate the potential to do all of those things well. We look for people who can go on the air and be conversational, appealing and professional. Live reporting from the field and on the set are necessary everyday parts of this position. MMJs with 1-3 years of newsroom experience are encouraged to apply, as are entry-level recent college graduates with strong skills and resume reels. Applicants should have a four-year college degree focused around journalism or communications. A strong interest in the liberal arts will be helpful. All applicants considered for an interview will pass a rigorous writing exercise before being asked to visit. Grammar and spelling are critically important skills. Online and social media reporting skills are required for this position. You must have a valid drivers license. WJFW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to send applications.
Posted on: August 7, 2019
Read Job Details
OVERVIEW: FOX 6 is looking for a great newscast producer to join our team. We’re looking for someone who loves to create live, compelling television making use of all the production techniques for a great newscast.
RESPONSIBILITIES: We’re a big shop that puts out a lot of news every day. We have all the news gathering tools and place a premium on content and production techniques that are relevant and attract a diverse audience. You must be able to produce high paced newscasts with urgency and be able to make newscast changes as news breaks. Producing is not just about television anymore – it’s about all the unique channels available to us through social networking, online and whatever else comes down the road next. You need to embrace all those things to be successful here.
QUALIFICATIONS: You must have a college degree preferably in Journalism with a minimum of two years producing experience working in a commercial television station. The world of TV News is changing, so you must be well-versed in all aspects of journalism, from online to working sources through social networking, and be ready for whatever else is about to happen next in our business. You need to have experience with digital video editing. Send us a link of your very best work.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com. Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Job Details
WTMJ, the NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI is looking for a top-notch producer. If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Works closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
- Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Execute time sensitive decisions
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
- Proven ability to develop enterprise and differentiated content and elements for newscasts and station digital/social media platforms
- Perform desktop editing
- Posting content to station’s Web sites
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, related field or years of experience
- 2 – 3 years as a television writer or producer
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must be proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus
- Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a face paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Understand and utilize Web analytics
Posted on: August 6, 2019
- Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
Read Job Details
The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports. The News Photographer also has a strong digital background.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots audio, video and photos for news reports at various locations where needed.
• Heavy focus on digital.
• Has a working knowledge of privacy laws and their application to digital news gathering.
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
• Maintains video equipment in professional working order.
• Edits video clips for television and website content.
• Able to manage video clips for show broadcast and archiving purposes.
• Creates content for Local 5’s social media platforms when news merits.
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations.
• Operates cellular bonded devices for live broadcasts.
• Has a strong understanding of NPPA shooting styles.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Has a valid driver’s license.
• Has clean driving record and understands the responsibilities of driving company vehicles.
• Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
• Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The News Photographer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on: August 1, 2019
Read Job Details