This role reports to a local Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). This individual supports the implementation of local, division and corporate HR initiatives that support the business objectives.
Business Acumen: Understands local industry; understands how the location makes and spends money. Maintains local HR metrics.
Customer Consulting: Has consultative conversations with key leaders, delivers tough feedback, diagnoses issues and maintains a trusted advisor status.
Workforce Planning: Understands the local workforce planning strategy; partners with management and assist HRBP with the execution of the workforce planning strategy at the local level.
Employee Engagement & Culture: Assists in shaping employee engagement activities.
Employee & Labor Relations: Acts as the first level HR contact for employee relations issues. May conduct investigations under the guidance of the HRBP. If applicable, assists HRBP in overseeing labor relations at the location.
Compliance: Maintains appropriate employee records, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including EEO, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp, and OSHA, as well as legal requirements as they relate to payroll, benefits, and administrative policy compliance.
Talent Acquisition: Responsible for local recruiting.
Talent Management: Executes local talent management processes. Understands and helps cultivate internal pipeline through a variety of processes, including:
- Performance Management: Assists with performance management training and process for the location.
- Career Planning: As needed, assists with ensuring all employees at the location have the opportunity to participate in the career planning process.
Talent Development: As needed, deliver or ensure delivery of training to the location.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive human resource generalist experience with an emphasis on employee relations and managing change.
- SPHR or PHR preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (writen and verbal); ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to recognize issues before they become serious and assist in determining the best method for resolution.
- Ability to effectively present complex information through presentation or reports to employees and managers.
- Must be able to work effectively with service providers (e. g. health care providers, ADP).
- Ability to implement best practices in various HR disciplines.
- Typical office environment.