CBS58 – WDJT, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is seeking an experienced Broadcast Maintenance Engineer. This role installs and maintains broadcast television and IT related equipment per Weigel Broadcasting Co. Engineering standards, supports live shows from the control room, and instructs and supports users on broadcast station equipment.
Successful candidates will have recent working knowledge of broadcast video servers, broadcast automation systems, HD production environment, including cameras and trucks, and production automation systems.
Requires effective communication with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users and the determination to identify, troubleshoot and solve issues. Systems level knowledge, including ADC Automation, Grass Valley Ignite, K2 and Stratus, Nexio, Ross Xpressions systems, and Telestream transcoders experience is a plus.
Work schedule includes various shifts that may include nights and weekends including an on-call rotation to provide after-hours support. Digital television transmitter, satellite uplink and microwave experience a plus but not required for this position.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a family-owned media company based in Chicago, Illinois. The company owns and operates national television networks, as well as local broadcast stations throughout the country. Weigel is the leader in the multicast television network space with “MeTV,” Memorable Entertainment Television, the number-one rated and distributed multicast network, as well as the “Movies!” Network in cooperation with the Fox Television Stations, the “DECADES” Network, the “H&I” Network and the “Start TV” Network in association with the CBS Television Stations. Weigel’s local stations include CBS, ABC, The CW, MyNet and Telemundo network affiliates. Weigel and its affiliate companies broadcast network and independent television stations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, St. Louis, Cedar City-St. George (Utah), Milwaukee, South Bend, and Rockford. Weigel Broadcasting Co. maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for all applicants and employees. We give fair consideration to all qualified persons and afford all our employees opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex, or other protected categories. No opportunities for promotion, transfer or any other benefit of employment will be diminished through discriminatory practices. Employees or prospective employees have the right to notify an appropriate local, state or Federal agency if they believe they have been discriminated against.
Posted on: June 6, 2019
Read Job Details
Looking for a career in broadcast television? Do you have a technical aptitude and want to grow with a company that continues to invest in the industry? WAOW is seeking applicants for a Newscast Director position. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have multi-tasking abilities, and excellent organizational skills. Additionally, the candidate must be eager to learn and be self-motivated. Responsibilities include Technical Directing newscasts and assisting in Master Control. Additionally, operating character generators, audio boards and robotic cameras as part of the overall newscast execution. Basic understanding of Newsroom Control systems is a plus, but not required. The successful candidate will possess the necessary technical skills to interface with computer software, running on a variety of operating systems, as well as embrace new technology. The successful candidate will have excellent computer skills and people skills. Previous experience in Television production is desired. Variable hours and days should be expected including mornings, nights, weekends and holiday shifts. Training is available and likely necessary for an applicant with the right aptitude and technical skills.
Posted on: April 30, 2019
Read Job Details
Assistant Director of Engineering WISN-TV has an opening for an Assistant Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles while reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations and the maintenance engineers, which include Master Control Operators, Control Room Operators, Maintenance Engineers and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station’s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Implement, document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Manage the building and its related systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical system.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications, computers, computer systems, and networking.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Must have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital broadcast transmitters
• Must have experience and ability to work with budgets. Maintaining and Planning.
• College Degree or related military training
Posted on: April 4, 2019
• SBE certifications are preferred.
Read Job Details