The IT Support Specialist will assist the IS/IT Engineering Manager in the administration, support, and maintenance of the WITI/FOX6 network and infrastructure.
• Provide system and end-user support for all WITI/FOX6 network equipment and users
• Isolate and troubleshoot computer problems with software and hardware configurations
• Installation of workstations, servers, and network infrastructure devices including switches and routers
• To assist in the developing, installing, and maintaining IT infrastructures that directly affect the air stream of WITI/FOX6
• Administrative duties associated with desktop support and operations
• To work closely with the other departments in the maintenance and operation of their equipment
• Assist with cabling, wiring, terminations, and fabrication of interconnect facilities
• Must be discreet with sensitive information and responsibilities
• Additional duties as necessary and/or assigned
• Minimum 2-year Degree preferred
Posted on: April 17, 2019
• Two years’ experience and/or education in networked computer support, hardware troubleshooting and installation, software installation and network management (Military training and/or equivalent in computer related fields will be considered)
• Certifications a plus, but not required
• Experience with video editing systems, streaming and file transfer, and recording formats a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of Windows products, Windows Server software, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office, (Linux a plus)
• Knowledge of Apple OSX software, hardware, and networking
• This position requires an “on call” status when emergencies or breakdown of critical equipment occurs to the operation of WITI/FOX6
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have attention to detail with great accuracy
• Must have the ability to make decisions and take prompt action
• Must be able to work alone and unsupervised when necessary
• Operation of company vehicles must be done with the safety of the operator, other personnel and general public in mind, according to the guidelines of WITI/FOX6
• Some local travel to transmitter and repeater locations may be necessary
• Broadcast television experience preferred but not required
Read Job Details
The Department of Radio TV Film at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is seeking applications for an Engineer. This position provides routine maintenance and repair of Radio TV Film equipment and facilities under the supervision of the Director of Engineering. Provide engineering services, technical guidance, and instruction in the support of all academic classes and on-going student productions. Provide technical support and maintenance for the university FM radio station, cable TV station and academic production facilities. UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Requirements: BA/BS in engineering, computer science, radio TV film or a related field. Experience required in analog and digital technology for broadcast and/or production. Demonstrated knowledge of server-based and broadcast IT infrastructure. Must possess a valid drivers license. Must be able to lift 50 Pounds and carry equipment short distances, and be able to bend, crawl and kneel behind and beneath equipment installations. Preferences: Experience with FM broadcast transmitters and cable TV headend delivery systems. Electronic repair skills including component-level diagnostic and repair skills. Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment. Professional media experience.
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Read Job Details
Assistant Director of Engineering WISN-TV has an opening for an Assistant Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles while reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations and the maintenance engineers, which include Master Control Operators, Control Room Operators, Maintenance Engineers and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station’s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Implement, document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Manage the building and its related systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical system.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications, computers, computer systems, and networking.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Must have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital broadcast transmitters
• Must have experience and ability to work with budgets. Maintaining and Planning.
• College Degree or related military training
Posted on: April 4, 2019
• SBE certifications are preferred.
Read Job Details
WEAU 13 News, the Gray Television owned, NBC-affiliate in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is seeking an Engineer. A Broadcast Engineer supports all live and taped programming and post-production at WEAU. They perform quality control measurements to insure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining and installing studio and editing equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with production staff and will be responsible to follow all WEAU and FCC standards and guidelines. Description of Broadcast Engineer Duties:
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs.
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs improvement.
• Assist Chief Engineer in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects.
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
• Works closely with General Manager and corporate leadership to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Maintains station vehicles, including live satellite trucks
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on-call services 24-7
• Must have a clean driving record and live drug free
• Must have a background / previous working experience in engineering
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred, but is not required
A strong candidate will possess the following:
Posted on: April 1, 2019
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
• Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
Read Job Details