The morning traffic anchor is responsible for delivering traffic and transportation information to viewers on Daybreak newscast; this person will then help prepare news reports and anchor the noon newscast.
- Gather knowledge of Milwaukee streets, traffic and transportation systems for morning reports.
- Learn and/or utilize Max Traffic system and have ability to showcase traffic using all tools available, including chroma key, graphics, etc.
- Anchor the mid-day newscast, Monday through Friday
- Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the Internet
- Report live on location from various news events as needed
- Research and develop news stories
- Enterprise content and contribute to station’s content strategy
- Contribute to station’s social media strategies and utilize social media to best advantage to share information with community
- Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
- Perform other duties and be scheduled as needed and assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in broadcast, journalism or other related field preferred
- Knowledge of Max Traffic or previous traffic anchoring experience preferred but not required.
- MMJ skills preferred but not required