Midwest Communications has an opening with our Kalamazoo, MI based radio group for an individual with radio experience looking for a challenging opportunity to show your creative writing ability in both news and creative services!
Key activities include (perform other duties as assigned):
- Voice and produce commercials for our clients.
- Write commercials using copy points provided by our Marketing Consultants and clients.
- Ensure spot rotation is accurate.
- Prepare and submit co-op scripts to Traffic as required.
- Provide day-to-day coverage of local news stories, online and on air.
- Develop enterprising stories of interest beyond day to day norms.
- Create original digital content.
- Build and maintain key relationships to foster a positive news image in the community.
- Provide coverage of major, breaking news stories on air and online as necessary.
- Adherence to all applicable FCC rules, regulations and standards.
Knowledge of production and newsroom computer systems, as well as MS Word necessary. Must be adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required.
We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
Midwest Communications is a collective of 77 radio stations in 7 states. We are recognized as one of the best radio companies to work for, offering stability and opportunities to advance.
Midwest Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Posted on: December 3, 2018
Read Job Details
The Family’s mission is to broadcast the hope of Jesus Christ to strengthen and encourage listeners in Wisconsin and beyond through our streaming services. The Family serves to educate, encourage and preserve the family through a Christ-centered contemporary and versatile communications platform. Originally an outreach of Evangel Community Church in Menasha, The Family became independent in 1969 to more effectively serve the greater Christian community. The Family Radio Network, Inc. consists of four stations with 10 signals in Central and Northeast Wisconsin. 91.9 (WEMI Appleton / Oshkosh), 91.5 (WEMY Green Bay), 88.5 (WGNV Wausau / Stevens Point / Central Wisconsin), and 91.3 (WSTM Sheboygan).
With our continued growth we are looking to add a Donor & Social Media Specialist to join our team. This person will oversee all aspects of yet-to-be-designed fundraising programs as well as create fundraising goals and solicit funds to meet these goals. This person will also create content and collaborate with others to develop and execute targeted, relevant, personalized content across digital channels.
• Actively recruits and manages corporate, community, and individual donors, engaging them in The Family’s mission and securing financial support.
• Manages, implements and evaluates various campaign events and activities per The Family’s recognized best practices, benchmarks and timelines and work with staff to achieve goals and outcomes.
• Prepares communications including the design, writing and printing of brochures, e-newsletters, donor communications and annual reports.
• Write timely, relevant and personalize content that increases visibility and drives awareness
• Produce high-quality short, medium and long-form copy that incorporates best practices for digital and traditional marketing use
• Use analytic platforms to understand engagement to drive content strategy
• Diversify and proactively bring ideas as well as develop content,for promotional events, record video, and create social media posts, blogs, etc.
Faith Based Expectations:
• Uphold and live out The Family Radio Network, Inc.’s mission, vision, and statement of faith.
• Provide servant leadership as patterned by Christ. Compassionate, speaking the truth in love, soliciting feedback, spiritual maturity, fostering an atmosphere for The Family team to flourish.
• In partnership with the leadership team, help create strategic long-term goals and plan.
• Guide those under your supervision in making sound and balanced business decisions that will further the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Minister, pray and share the gospel with listeners and donors.
• Be actively involved in a local church.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience
Posted on: November 16, 2018
• Strong digital knowledge and proven track record in executing digital marketing strategies and solutions in small to medium businesses
• Experience fundraising, grant writing and meeting with donors and comfortable asking for funding.
• Experience with proven results in fundraising and donor development.
• Experienced writer and editor for multiple channels and formats
• Experience in graphic design, video creation and editing
• Experience in collateral creation, internal and external communications, digital marketing such as web content and email campaigns, direct marketing, advertising, and social media content creation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• All other duties as assigned The Family Radio Network, Inc., including 91.9 WEMI-FM, 91.5 WEMY-FM, 91.3 WSTM-FM and 88.5 WGNV-FM has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the FCC’s instructions. EOE
Read Job Details
Assists the Promotions Department with activities that promote the stations, clients and events.
• Perform basic office administrative functions such as adding contests, events and other content to station websites and social media platforms.
• Assist with winner prize fulfillment including managing prizes and calling winners.
• Collaborate with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as concerts, client events, festivals, and other on-site activities from start to finish.
• Prepare for station events, unload after events and manage promotional inventory.
• Drive promotional vehicles. This includes larger sized vehicles.
• Work on-site at events including set-up, break down and transporting promotional equipment as required.
• Actively engage with station staff, listeners and clients while on-site at events.
• Set up and run equipment while on-site including audio, hanging banners, and all other set-up elements.
• Record events (i.e. taking photos, videos, audio and posting on social media for station promotions).
• Prepare contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on-air, digital, social media and other contests.
• Assist the Digital Team with creating and sending email blasts, shooting and editing video and posting on stations’ social media pages.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
• Ability to work a varied schedule of unusual hours including evenings and weekends a must.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and video editing programs a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including accuracy in spelling and grammar with close attention to detail.
• Must have an outgoing personality with a high work standard and a “can do” attitude.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
• Ability to problem solve, make decisions quickly and maintain composure in difficult situations.
• Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks.
• Excellent driving record. Ability to pull and drive a large trailer a plus.
• Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
• 1-3 years of experience in outdoor promotions and/or marketing and/or customer service
• High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)
• Valid driver’s license
• Proof of insurability
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Read Job Details
Page 1 of 11