Assists the Promotions Department with with activities that promote the stations, clients and events.
- Perform basic office administrative functions such as adding contests, events and other content to station websites and social media platforms.
- Assist with winner prize fulfillment including managing prizes and calling winners.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as concerts, client events, festivals, and other on-site activities from start to finish.
- Prepare for station events, unload after events and manage promotional inventory.
- Drive promotional vehicles. This includes larger sized vehicles.
- Work on-site at events including set-up, break down and transporting promotional equipment as required.
- Actively engage with station staff, listeners and clients while on-site at events.
- Set up and run equipment while on-site including audio, hanging banners, and all other set-up elements.
- Record events (i.e. taking photos, videos, audio and posting on social media for station promotions).
- Prepare contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on-air, digital, social media and other contests.
- Assist the Digital Team with creating and sending email blasts, shooting and editing video and posting on stations’ social media pages.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Ability to work a varied schedule of unusual hours including evenings and weekends a must.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and video editing programs a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including accuracy in spelling and grammar with close attention to detail.
- Must have an outgoing personality with a high work standard and a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions quickly and maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks.
- Excellent driving record. Ability to pull and drive a large trailer a plus.
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
- 1-3 years of experience in outdoor promotions and/or marketing and/or customer service
- High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurability