Midwest Communications – Duluth has a current opening for a full-time producer/host at heritage stations NewsTalk KDAL and WDSM. Candidates for this position must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to keep the shows on track while running the board and taking phone calls.
Two years of on-air or producing experience is strongly preferred. You must have a passion for current events, be communicative, a team player and can work directly with management. We are more than willing to train the right individual who has a great attitude, gets along with others, is totally reliable and is willing to learn and grow!
If you are innovative, organized and motivated to grow, we want to hear from YOU! This is a full-time position on legendary radio stations based in Duluth!
We offer a competitive compensation package, the best training in the industry and a full benefits package.
Midwest Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Posted on: January 17, 2019
Read Job Details
Take a lead role in an operation run by life-long radio people with ZERO corporate affiliation; Door County’s Own fm 106.9 the Lodge and Rewind FM 97.7, a locally owned and operated radio group in Northeast Wisconsin is in search of an Operations Manager. The operations manager will coordinate and maintain our Sturgeon Bay, WI studio which includes, but is not limited to; managing the production schedule and on air staff, scheduling clients for studio time, coaching and recording clients in studio, editing and producing ads, writing/creating and producing station promotions and imaging, host a morning show, be responsible for a few short newscasts, plus upload ads and other on air programs. The manger will also be the primary coordinator of Rewind 97.7 as well as maintain daily office operations including but not limited to; opening and closing responsibilities, equipment maintenance, and general office duties. The office manager may also update and maintain the calendar features on both websites, assist with on air content and maintain the Public File. A successful candidate will be highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must. Proficient in microsoft office applications required. Experience with Cool Edit, Adobe Audition or similar software preferred. Previous on-air experience moves you to the top of the list as well as two years or more in broadcast experience. Must have a valid driver’s license, integrity, a high standard of ethics, outstanding interpersonal skills, and comfortable working with a small team or independently.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Read Job Details
Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• None required
Posted on: December 19, 2018
Read Job Details