Door County’s Own fm 106.9 the Lodge and Rewind FM 97.7, a locally owned and operated radio group, is looking for you… yep, a smiling face, positive attitude and talented individual like yourself. We need that person that can make sure nothing falls through the cracks; that person that works behind the scenes, knows what we’re thinking before asking, and has their finger on the pulse of every beat at the stations. We are seeking a world class Office/Production Manager. This full-time position does…well a little bit of everything, and we mean everything. We need someone who has strong digital skills to assist the Social Media Director, who has experience with audio production to create award-winning client ads, can develop content, and can integrate with our marketing and sales department to bring ideas to clients. You would also participate in creating station promotions and represent the stations at events and outings. This position also handles daily business tasks, administrative office duties and shares responsibilities for traffic logs, billing/receiving and watering the plants. You will certainly never be bored. A successful candidate will be highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must. Proficient in microsoft office applications required. Experience with Adobe Audition preferred. Previous administrative, sales or managerial office experience moves you to the top of the list. Must have a valid driver’s license, integrity, a high standard of ethics, outstanding interpersonal skills, and comfortable telling the sales staff ‘no’ when they try to sneak things in past deadline.
Posted on: October 16, 2018
Read Job Details
POSITION SUMMARY: Produce talk shows and related web content. Research and pitch topics, pre-interview and schedule guests, prepare background materials, call-screen and direct the live broadcast, and write related web content. Collaborate with colleagues, communicate with guests and develop fresh topics and segment ideas. This position works on The Morning Show, a statewide, Morning drive program broadcasting from 6:00-9:00 a.m., on The Ideas Network. This position reports to The Morning Show executive producer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Keep current on issues of importance and interest to WPR listeners, including Wisconsin-specific topics.
2. Develop show ideas, schedule guests, and provide host with background research and interview questions.
3. On air production, including screening listener phone calls, emails, and social media interactions.
4. During the live broadcast, direct the host and control the flow of the program. Coordinate audience engagement and transitions.
5. Participate in daily editorial meetings to discuss topics and guests.
6. Participate actively in regular pitch meetings, including bringing own pitches for consideration, and providing feedback to other team members.
7. Write engaging website content for The Ideas Network on WPR.org and social media.
8. Adhere to Ethics policies found here: http://bami.uwex.edu
9. Know, follow, and contribute to WPR best practices.
10. Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
11. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Know and adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and excellence. Think, plan and execute programs with creativity. Work independently and as part of a team, meeting tight deadlines. Demonstrate strict attention to detail, on and off the air. Maintain composure and professionalism when faced with the unexpected. Demonstrate dexterity in using varied electronic studio equipment and computer software.
• Avid news consumer able to generate ideas on a range of topics, from current events to cultural affairs.
• A minimum of two years’ full time experience in talk show production or directly transferable experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under strict deadline pressure.
• Strong time management and organizational skills, including strict attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
• Successful content generation on social media.
• Prior experience editing audio of broadcast quality.
• Experience in live call-in talk show production or directly transferable experience.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of Wisconsin news, politics, culture, and personalities.
• Previous public radio experience.
SALARY: We expect to pay $42,000 – $50,000 dependent upon qualifications, experience and official title. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave. Learn more here: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/.
Posted on: October 15, 2018
Read Job Details
Wisconsin Public Radio is seeking an experienced producer with a passion for morning drive-talk radio. Successful candidate will ensure the audio quality of the program by operating the broadcast console, preparing and voicing on-air announcements, preparing guests, playing audio elements and communicating with staff. Technical proficiency in recording, editing and mixing sound, and strong editorial judgment required. Needs strong communication skills, effective time management, and excellent attention to detail. Details: https://www.wpr.org/network-operator-announcer. firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Read Job Details
Life 97.9, KFNW, a Northwestern Media station in Fargo, ND, is looking for a focused Program Director and on-air talent. As Program Director, you would fill the vital role of shaping the on-air content of KFNW as well as impacting our listening audience with engaging on-air programming. If creating and executing a strategic plan, contributing to a dynamic network, and sharing the message of Christ with listeners resonates with your passion and skills, we encourage you to apply.
Learn more about our station at http://life979.com/ – See job details and apply: https://jobs.unwsp.edu/
Posted on: October 1, 2018
Read Job Details
Behind every great talk show host is a great producer! Do you thrive behind the scenes making everyone around you shine? Are you someone who doesn’t stop until they get guests to commit to interviews and takes pride in making a nervous listener sound like a natural? Midwest Communications-Sioux Falls-KELO Newstalk 1320/107.9 is looking for the next great producer of the Greg Belfrage Show. This is a 25-hour per week part-time position.
Midwest Communications is an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Read Job Details