101.9 KELO-FM, the heritage Adult Contemporary leader in Sioux Falls, SD is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to become its next Afternoon Drive host and Brand Manager. This is a rare opportunity at a talent-first company for a budding star to take the next step. If you specialize in connecting with a 35-50 year old female audience, in person, on-air and through social media we need to hear from you now!
Applicants should have a minimum of 3-years of experience on-air and be knowledgeable in MusicMaster, or other music scheduling software. You’ll be expected to schedule daily music logs and host Afternoon Drive. The ideal candidate will possess an extremely strong work ethic who is a self-starter and is highly organized is all areas of music, entertainment and social engagement. The ideal candidate must be an excellent talent coach and have passion, desire and a drive to WIN. Candidates must work with our local digital team to thrive and grow with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and our website KELOFM.com.
Sioux Falls, SD is a rapidly growing community with thriving business and opportunity. Duke Wright’s Midwest Communications is a highly respected independently held company.
101.9 KELO-FM and Midwest Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Posted on: July 23, 2019
Read Job Details
WUWM’s Content Manager is responsible for the content that is distributed on the organization’s various platforms including broadcast and digital. This includes managing the station’s creative team as well as cohesively scheduling national radio programming in order to sustain and build an audience.
Specific duties include:
– Responsible for the planning and execution of all programming on the air and on digital platforms.
– Work with the General Manager on the establishment of, and the meeting, audience goals.
– Oversee, coach and provide inspiration to the station’s content producers (broadcast and digital).
– Establishing and monitoring performance of direct reports.
– Responsible for the ‘sound of the station’ including promos, music, continuity etc.
– Manage the station’s automation system.
– Maintain relationships with national producers.
– Support on-air announcers through performance coaching and on-going feedback.
– Coordinate programming for on-air fund drives.
– Foster a positive, creative and productive work environment.
– Supervise engineering department in support of the station’s broadcast activities.
– Support digital activities.
– Collaborate with internal departments and external groups.
– Ensure that programming budget goals are met.
– Participate in on-air fund raising and represent the organization in the community as assigned.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Minimum of five years full-time experience in radio programming
– Minimum of three years in a supervisory role.
– Demonstrated ability to create and manage programming which matches the NPR public-radio style.
– Demonstrated track record in building audiences through effective radio programming.
– Demonstrated ability of using audience data to manage program offerings.
Posted on: July 2, 2019
– Programming experience with a successful public radio news-formatted station.
– Previous experience with AudioVault automation system.
– Background in broadcast journalism.
– Ability to be on-the air as needed.
Read Job Details