Midwest Communications, Peoria IL location is looking for a Network Administrator for our Peoria, IL radio stations who will provide technical administration & maintenance support for PC’s, servers, local and/or wide area networks. The responsibilities of the position include: administer, configure & support of Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, active directory, DHCP, DNS servers, Windows 7/8/10 OS, Google Apps for Business, Hyper-V, Clustered Microsoft Solutions, SAN’s, Radio Station Automation and traffic software; installation of PC hardware, server hardware and peripherals; loads programs and prepares systems and network for users; configure network switches; configure CISCO routers; administer firewalls & Antivirus software; desktop management; manage user accounts, permissions and provide desktop support for end users; recommend new network architectures to improve performance, storage and reliability.
We offer a very competitive salary and a full benefits package. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are requirements for this position.
Midwest Communications, a collective of 82 radio stations in an eight state area, is an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Posted on: May 10, 2019
Read Job Details
Midwest Communications, a family owned media company with 82 radio properties located in the states of Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois and Tennessee has an immediate opening for a Digital Support Specialist in our Wausau, WI offices. This individual will be responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining the software systems in use by the digital department for social media, analytics, streaming, advertising and other miscellaneous tasks related to the functioning of the Midwest Communications digital department. The Digital Support Specialist will work with customers or employees to identify and solve problems that they may have using the software. The Digital Software Specialist will also research and implement new software as needed to be determined by the Vice President of Digital Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Thoroughly learn and understand all aspects of Midwest Communications’ digital software packages including social media, streaming, texting, analytics and other software as needed.
- Maintains an understanding of company software, programs or technologies.
- Aids in support and troubleshooting for all digital technologies.
- Ensures that company streaming servers are consistently running and all streaming facets including commercials and other injected spots are properly functioning.
- Assists programming with the maintenance and scheduling of their streaming stations.
- Assists programming with troubleshooting and customer service for streaming user problems.
- Assists other digital departments including design and development in customer support and service.
- Maintains digital user databases and adds, deletes and updates user accounts and information.
- Works on special projects assigned by the Chief Operating Officer or VP of Digital Operations to research, create and improve current technologies.
- Assists employees in their understanding of the function and use of company software such as Digital CMS, texting etc. as needed.
- Assists Vice President of Digital Operations with reports, spreadsheets and other tasks as needed.
We offer a very competitive salary along with a full benefits package!
Midwest Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Posted on: April 30, 2019
Read Job Details
We currently have an opening for a full-time Engineer for our Western Michigan radio properties located in Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Holland and Coldwater.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the operation and maintenance of analog transmitters, digital transmitters, microwave systems and remote control systems. I/T experience preferred. Knowledge of FCC regulations is required. This individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and willing to work some nights and weekends.
Midwest Communications, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Read Job Details
Alpha Media – Waukegan, IL /Kenosha, WI /Crystal Lake, IL is seeking a results-oriented Staff Engineer with a proven track record in Broadcast Media. The Staff Engineer will be responsible for maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and all station technical operations within FCC regulations while adhering to company policies to ensure world class delivery of content to our local communities. The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies including, but not limited to, networking and IT, PC/software maintenance and repair, AM and FM transmitter repair and installation, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance. The candidate will possess the ability to prioritize work, manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment, and comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates radio stations across the United States covering all formats. We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include: Maintain and repair all technical and electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter sites with a proactive approach to problem solving. Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping. Maintain, troubleshoot and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system and office workstation. Assist with, as necessary, the technical needs at remote broadcasts and live performances. Interact with management and staff at all levels in a personable, professional manner. Other duties as assigned by the Market Manager.
Requirements of this position include the following: Associates or technical degree in Broadcasting Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience. This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electronic troubleshooting, including repairs for audio, video, and radio frequency, microwave, equipment and experience working in satellite communications; with a minimum 5 years’ experience as Station Assistant Chief Engineer or Staff Engineer. Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Excellent knowledge of basic electronics theory and principles including Ohm’s law and ability to read schematics. Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and automation, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems, and automated content-delivery systems. Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities. IT skills including PC/server trouble shooting and repair and knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, local area networking, and internet. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience interacting with management and staff at all levels with ability to multi-task and handles pressures and deadlines. Excellent problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required driving record and proof of insurability. Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 pounds, with the ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces. Ability to be on call at all times for after hours emergencies or routine maintenance as the need arises.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following: Experience with WideOrbit Automation for Radio. Experience with Axia AoIP Experience with Directional AM Systems. Knowledge of telephone systems and cellular. Experience as a Team Leader/Supervisor. SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications. Physical requirements: Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Read Job Details
This position is responsible for ensuring that the entities of the Sun Prairie Media Center – KIDS-4, KSUN, sunprairiemediacenter.com, and 103.5 FM The Sun Community Radio, have informative and entertaining programming of local origin and local interest prepared by and for members of the Sun Prairie community. The SPMC Production Manager trains and supervises volunteers, including KIDS-4 students, on using equipment and developing relevant local programming to be presented on local community media outlets. The incumbent works under the direction of the SPMC Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the SPMC Executive Director in developing long-range goals and plans for the 103.5 FM, KSUN, and KIDS-4 entities.
- Assists with the recruitment of volunteers for the development and production of programs for KSUN, 103.5 FM, and KIDS-4.
- Edits and schedules programs produced by adult volunteers and KIDS-4 participants.
- Creates radio logs for playout by radio automation software.
- Updates on-air music library for 103.5 FM as needed.
- Assigns adult volunteers and KIDS-4 members to cover community, school, library, and city news and events of interest to Sun Prairie residents.
- Supervises SPMC Production Specialists.
- Coordinates and promotes the use of the facilities of the Sun Prairie Media Center.
- Promotes the availability of community media in Sun Prairie. Act as representative/spokesperson at events as assigned.
- Trains volunteers in the use of equipment, including but not limited to camcorders, studio cameras, radio equipment, radio automation software, and editing and graphics software.
- Supervises KIDS-4 crews each school year and coordinates the production of KIDS-4 material to air on the KIDS-4 channel. Teaches media literacy and develops curriculum.
- Assists with special events hosted by the Sun Prairie Media Center.
- Serves as a liaison to the Sun Prairie Area School District and other community service organizations.
- Coordinates public relations initiatives for SPMC through newsletters, website updates, and press releases.
- Coordinates annual events and assists in coordinating annual volunteer recognition event.
- Assists with the administration and regular updating of SPMC social media outlets.
- Assists in the recruitment of underwriters/sponsors for SPMC programming and other fundraising efforts.
- Assists in implementing SPMC technology updates, which may include working with the City’s IT department.
- Assists in researching equipment for the SPMC and helping to recommend purchases/upgrades as needed.
- Assists in the research of available outside programming deemed beneficial to the residents of Sun Prairie.
- Ensures that programming on 103.5 FM is in compliance with FCC regulations.
- Ensures that public file contents are complete and updated.
Requirements of Work
- Completion of Associates degree in Communications, Electronic Media, Journalism, or related field and a combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge, interest, and ability working with and instructing children.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Knowledge of software including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize and motivate volunteers in the production of quality television and radio.
- Ability to communicate with adult and juvenile volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn to use new technology and software related to broadcasting needs.
- Ability to maintain databases with a sharp eye for detail.
Other Job Functions
- May provide technical maintenance for equipment and software.
- Attendance at monthly Media Center Commission if desired.
- Assistance with Wisconsin Community Media boards, commissions, and events as assigned.
Posted on: April 22, 2019
Read Job Details