Classification: Full-Time, Exempt (Weekdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; evening or weekend events)
Location: Appleton (travel is required)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Benefits: Refer to Employee Handbook for benefit policy
The Family’s mission is to broadcast the hope of Jesus Christ to strengthen and encourage listeners in Wisconsin and beyond through our streaming services. As a Social Media Marketing Coordinator for The Family you will be responsible for leading a marketing strategy that gives hope, strength and encouragement to our listeners through interactive postings using our current and new social media channels; creating videos and graphic designs for our website and other marketing areas. The Family Radio Network, Inc. consists of four stations with 10 signals in Central and Northeast Wisconsin. 91.9 (WEMI Appleton / Oshkosh), 91.5 (WEMY Green Bay), 88.5 (WGNV Wausau / Stevens Point / Central Wisconsin), and 91.3 (WSTM Sheboygan). Faith Based
• Uphold and live out The Family Radio Network, Inc.’s mission, vision, and statement of faith.
• Provide servant leadership as patterned by Christ-showing compassion and spiritual maturity, speaking the truth in love, soliciting feedback, and fostering an atmosphere for The Family team to flourish.
• Minister, pray, and share the gospel with listeners and donors.
• Maintain a personal relationship with and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, including a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside the organization.
• Be actively involved in a local church. Social Media
• Compose relevant, personalized content that promotes, increases and encourages audience interaction and gives our listeners hope, strength and encouragement.
• Analyze, manage, and alter schedules where necessary to optimize visits to our site.
• Manage, execute, and assess our current social media outlets.
• Create dynamic written, graphic and video content.
• Help to promote The Family by sharing stories of what God is doing in the lives of our listeners as stated in our mission statement.
• Engage our social media presence on new and emerging social media platforms.
• Analyze and report audience information, demographics, and the success of existing social media projects.
• Work as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns or events.
• Produce high-quality short, medium and long form copy that incorporates best practices for digital and traditional marketing use.
• Research new channels, new ideas and concepts to broaden our social media presence.
Photography and Videography Responsibilities:
• Create, produce, and edit videos for posting on all social media channels and other marketing areas.
• Take photos for stories and marketing materials for use in the social media arena and other publications.
Graphic Design Responsibilities:
• Create graphics for social media postings.
• Write and coordinate e-newsletters sent to listeners.
• Support the creation of promotional material, such as brochures, postcards, pamphlets, flyers, etc. as directed.
• Update WordPress website with graphic content as well as maintain website.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong digital knowledge and proven track record in executing digital marketing strategies and solutions in small to medium businesses.
• Experience as writer and editor for multiple channels and formats.
• Experience in graphic design, video creation and editing.
• Experience in marketing collateral creation, internal and external communications, digital marketing such as web content and email campaigns, direct marketing, advertising, and social media content creation.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, time management and planning skills.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and WordPress.
• Flexibility in replying and addressing unanticipated requests from other departments.
• Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team.
• Travel will be required.
• All other duties as assigned.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 + pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.Posted on: June 19, 2019