Educational Communications Board (ECB) is seeking a Master Control Operator for our Broadcast Operations Center (OC) in Madison. The OC serves as the distribution hub for six WPT stations. Every day, hours of new program content are recorded onto our playout servers, quality-checked, and then played back across four WPT channels to entertain, illuminate, and educate viewers throughout the state. As a member of our staff, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring this cycle repeats itself 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and you’ll do so with the highest regard for consistency and service to our audience. We offer a professional yet relaxed environment, extensive training, nice people and some really cool technology! Qualified applicants will have education or experience in electronic multimedia (e.g. TV broadcasting, TV production/editing, radio automation, computerized automation, etc.); experience with computer-based media applications (e.g. broadcast automation, editing systems or master control switchers, etc.); the ability to pay extreme attention to detail; and effective communication skills. Well-qualified applicants will also have experience working with audio and video operating standards.
Posted on: February 25, 2017
Read Job Details
WFRV-TV has an opening for a Master Control Operator. This position is responsible for programming and commercial ingest & playback, as well as some newscast operation duties. Duties also include monitoring of over-the air signals of WFRV and WJMN, satellite reception and recording of syndicated programming, editing of syndicated shows into an air-ready format. Secondary duties include technical aspects of newscast production, including but not limited to live shot systems, weather camera operations, and basic equipment troubleshooting. This is a Full-time position and includes weekend hours. This Master Control position requires an understanding of broadcast production systems and good computer skills.
Posted on: February 9, 2017
Read Job Details
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK, in Green Bay, WI, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
• Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
• Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
• Assist in setting up and execution of live remote events
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
Posted on: January 27, 2017
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes, including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate’s degree (AA) in electronics preferred
• Minimum of five years broadcast experience
• Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
Read Job Details